Thursday, June 30, 2016

Swept Away with Trucks

When I was a little boy big trucks fascinated me. Not only the big 18-wheelers, but plows, construction equipment and even the occasional road striping truck.   Now that I'm grown up, and I have seen thousands of different trucks,  the only one that really gets me giddy is a street sweeper.   Why a street sweeper you may ask?    Its because these trucks help keep us Motorcyclists alive.   They get rid of all the sand and gravel that can throw us off our bikes and give us some serious road rash, or worse.   They also get the garbage that some people insist on throwing out their windows.  (Because having a trash bag in the car is way too difficult).   Seeing these trucks on the road makes me happy.   So next time you see a sweeper, don't just throw your hands up and whine because they are slow.  Reflect on how the hard work of these individuals helps save lives.  Oh, and they keep the city looking pretty nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Please keep things PG rated and respectful.