Sunday, June 26, 2016

I Can Drive 55

Motorcycles like mine are more than capable of doing 100 miles per hour plus.  That being said, why would I want to?   I hear guys all the time talking about how they did 100mph along the highway, or how they "really opened her up" while dodging traffic.   This solidifies my opinion that people have become stupid.  See this sign on the left?   It is what we call a Speed Sign.  It shows you what the Speed Limit is for the road you are on.  If your bike is doing any speed faster than the posted sign, then you are breaking the law.    The very law you signed a document saying you will obey.  (Yes, check with your licensing bureau, I'm sure they have a copy of the affidavit you signed.
Now, I like the Adrenalin rush just as much as the next guy, but a ticket, or worse, an accident is not worth the extra thrills I get for rolling on the throttle.   For instance,  there were 2 cases of motorcyclists riding in severe excess of the speed limit in Spokane this evening.   Both bikes were going faster than 100mph on I90 (posted speed limit 60).  One of these individuals plowed in to the back of another car.   I'm certain that at this very moment, if his brain is still working, he is feeling regret over the decision to push the limit of the law.   What possesses a person to do this?  Why do these idiots insist on being disobedient to the authorities that set the law?   The numbers on the signs are the maximum safe limit.  If you go faster, you are no longer being safe.   If you are no longer being safe, your risk increases exponentially.   If your risk increases and you don't take steps to conform to safety standards, you run the risk of a Ticket, Jail, an Accident or a Mortuary.   It's dangerous enough riding a bike, no need to make it worse.      I hope they catch the 2nd guy before he hurts himself, or others.   I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Please keep things PG rated and respectful.